Abuse can take many forms, from mental, physical, and verbal, the effects it can have are devastating
As an experienced counsellor, I offer a safe confidential space where you can talk and explore ways in which you can escape, recover and grow from a current or past abusive relationship.
I find Sand Tray work especially effective when working with forms of abuse which are often too difficult to put into words.
For more information on abuse counselling, please contact me, I’d be happy to chat and talk through your options.
Further information and contacts:
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: www.ncdv.org.uk Tel: 0844 8044 999
- UK National Domestic Violence freephone: 0808 2000 247
- NSPPC – www.nspcc.org.uk/Dontwait
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Refuge – Domestic abuse charity – www.refuge.org.uk
- Helpline for Male Abuse Survivors: www.survivorsuk.org
- Women’s Aid – national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children.. www.womansaid.org.uk
- The Hideout – A space to help children and young people to understand domestic abuse and how to take positive action www.thehideout.org.uk
- ManKind – Help and support for male victims of domestic abuse. www.mankind.org.uk
- Karma Nirvana – Supporting victims of ‘honour’ based abuse and forced marriage. www.karmanirvana.org.uk
- Broke Rainbow – National Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual Transgender Domestic Violence charity. www.brokenrainbow.org.uk