Historically, addiction has referred to substance or chemical dependency, such as alcohol, tobacco or prescription or illegal drugs, yet it’s use as a term has changed over the years to include addiction to gambling, food, computers, internet or more. Whatever the addiction, professional counselling from a friendly and reliable counsellor is known to help in many ways.
As a professional I have experience of working with many types of addiction having worked as a counsellor at The Jatis Project a drug and alcohol abstinence programme based in Torquay, and have a reliable, friendly, yet professional approach to all types of counselling and therapy.
If you are unsure of what your next move might be, why not give me a try and contact on 07760 439760 and i’d be happy to talk you through your next step.
Useful Addiction contacts and websites:
NHS Direct – Tel: 0845 46 47
24 hour helpline for nurse advice and health information.
In an emergency eg. overdose, dial 999
- www.addaction.org.uk – Info and advice on drugs and alcohol.
- www.alateen.org.uk – Info and advice on drugs and alcohol.
- www.drugscope.org.uk – Info and advice on drugs and alcohol.
- www.talktofrank.com – Info and advice on drugs and alcohol.
- www.galaxy-h.gov.uk – Info and advice on drugs andalcohol and interactive games
- www.re-solv.org.uk – Info and advice on sniffing/solvent abuse/misuse.
- www.samaritans.co.uk – Info, advice and counselling.
- www.sniffing.org.uk – Advice, information and resources for young people on solvent abuse/misuse.